Ava Pennington is thoroughly enjoying her second career as an author, teacher, and speaker.
Originally from New York City, she left after a 20-year corporate career as a Human Resources executive. Now, in addition to writing and speaking, she teaches a Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) class from September through May each year.
Her newest book, Daily Reflections on the Names of God: A Devotional, is published by Revell Books and endorsed by Kay Arthur, founder of Precepts Ministries International. Ava has also co-written two children’s picture books: Do You Love Me More? and Will I See You Today?
Ava writes for magazines such as Power for Living, Called, Christianity Today’s Today’s Christian Woman, and Focus on the Family’s Clubhouse. She has been published in 27 anthologies, including 20 Chicken Soup for the Soul books.
She is a member of the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association (AWSA), American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), Word Weavers International, and is a board member of the Christian Authors Network (CAN).
Ava is grateful for her husband, Russ, their marriage of 35+ years, their 2 rescue boxers, and their home in sunny Florida.
Looking for a speaker for your next group meeting or special event?
Ava is a passionate speaker and teacher, and delights in challenging audiences with relevant, enjoyable presentations. She speaks to both secular and Christian groups. Past speaking engagements include:
- Community groups such as the Red Cross and a local synagogue
- School programs
- Christian groups, women’s ministry events, and churches
- Bible studies
- Writer’s conferences
Choose one of the following topics OR contact Ava about a customized message that will meet the needs of your event…
For Community Groups:
- Find and Follow Your Passion
For Christian Groups:
- Loving Relationships in an Unloving World
- The Blessings of Calling God by Name
- The Hard Names of God
- Lessons from a Brown Thumb
- You Are Special
- Grace for the Great Adventure
- Enjoying the Journey
- Passion for Prayer
- Fulfilling the Greatest Command
- Too Busy to Be?
- Finding the Will of God
For Writer’s Groups:
- Writing for the Christian Market
- A Winning Recipe: Writing for Anthologies
- Devoted to Devotions (How to Write & Sell Devotions)
- Time to Party! (Planning & Executing a Successful Book Launch Party)
- 20 Tips to Better Profile Interviews
- Prayer in the Writer’s Life
- “The heart of your ministry is for others to know Him…Thank you for speaking to us and giving us tools to know Him better!”
Carol M., Women’s Ministry Director
- “God has gifted Ava to bring His word with dedication, color, and heart.”
Sheila P., Bible study attendee
- “An inspiring and motivating afternoon.”
Barbara S., Leader, Writing Ministry Leader
- “Excellent and lively teaching style…thank you for blessing us!”
Kathy B., workshop attendee
- “You captivated everyone’s interests and created hunger [in] your audience who wanted to consume every idea you shared. We are all wealthier for having shared time with you.”
Glenn G., author and writing workshop attendee
- “Moving and inspirational talk. Everyone is still talking about it.”
Louise J., Women’s Ministry Leader
For more information, contact her at Ava@AvaWrites.com or visit: