By: Janet Perez Eckles
Anybody out there dizzy like I am? Are you being bombarded by offers, suggestions, advice, luring seminars, and workshops—all to expose your writing, enhance marketing efforts and boost sales?
Confessing…I’ve been caught in the gotta-try-that frenzy. Most of us are dashing here and there, hoping to get that platform built. Eager to get our books promoted. Trying to get that door to open, one that will make our work soar to the top. Trying to book that big speaking engagement. Trying, trying till we collapse in bed, our head exploding with endless possibilities—too many to try. And some, too expensive to accept.
So, what to do? How to dodge the firing of internet luring. I just came up with five practical steps, simple to follow. And with a bit of diligence, will bring serenity to the internet insanity.
1. Begin the day with prayer for God’s wisdom—abundant wisdom to choose, evaluate and discern.
2. Be careful. Is the offer sounding too good to be true? It probably is.
3. Be prepared. Is the lure touching your emotions with wording: “only three spots left; act now and save…offer only today.”
4. Be bold. Check out input from trusted fellow authors and speakers. They will share their experience, giving valuable insight.
5. Be faithful and embrace this truth: in the midst of endless offers, God offers His grace to accomplish what we cannot.
At the end of the day, you can put your head on the pillow of peace, and having made Godly-wise decisions, your heart will echo, “All is well with my soul.”
Cheering you on to experience life, harvest its lessons and share their outcome.
Although blind, Janet Perez Eckles inspires you to see the best in life. With her #1 Amazon best-selling release, Simply Salsa: Dancing Without Fear at God’s Fiesta, she inspires you to look beyond a complicated world to find the simplicity of God’s joy and success.