Hello Canners! Hope that you and your loved ones are safe during this traumatic time of hurricanes and forest fires. I’m sure we are all praying for God’s mercy over the many sad situations happening around our nation.
Below are this weeks praises and announcements!
Julie B. Cosgrove’s short story, The Highway Chair, just tied for first place in the inspirational genre in a Texas-wide contest. It will be published in a book along with the other 14 genre first place winners: Best Short Stories in Texas 2017.
Congratulations on this honor, Julie!
Dr. Sandra Glahn was featured on Dallas Theological Seminary’s “The Table Podcast” talking about Christianity and the Arts. https://voice.dts.edu/tablepodcast/theology-and-the-arts/
Listen in at the link above!
H. L. Wegley recently learned that his Against All Enemies Series, books 1 and 2, Voice in the Wilderness and Voice of Freedom won Gold and Silver in the Readers’ Favorite 2017 Awards for Christian Thrillers.
What a wonderful double honor, Harry!
Angela Breidenbach, president of the Christian Authors Network, will be signing at the Romance Through History event at the Garden of Read’n in Missoula, MT on Sep. 16th from 2-4pm. She’ll share the history behind the love stories in her newest release Second Chance Brides Collection as well as Blue Ribbon Brides, Lassoed by Marriage, and Captive Brides Collection releasing Oct. 1st. She will visit with genealogy and history enthusiasts and will have The Bucket List Dare available too.
Don’t miss the chance to meet Angela if you live in the Missoula area!
The Second Chance Brides Collection, historical romances from Barbour Books.
The Second Chance Brides Collection
By CAN authors Angela Breidenbach, Amber Stockton, and Liz Tolsma
Historical Romance Collection
About the book: Hope for Happy Endings Is Renewed in Nine Historical Romances. Meet nine women from history spanning from 1776 to 1944 feel the sting of having lost out on love. Can their hope for experiencing romance again be renewed?
Fanned Embers by Angela Breidenbach shares the true history of the largest fire in US History. Will love be consumed or blaze into an amazing future?
About the author:
Angela Breidenbach is a best-selling author of romance through the ages and host of Historically Speaking on Along Came a Writer Network (Blogtalk Radio) and Lit Up! (https://toginet.com/shows/litup/). Angela is the Christian Author Network’s president. Always family-friendly — Always good for your heart.
All Social Media: @AngBreidenbach
You can find out more about the book here:
CAN members Linda Kozar, Lena Nelson Dooley, and Angela Breidenbach host shows on the Along Came A Writer Network.
Chat Noir Mystery and Suspense, with host Linda Kozar on the Along Came A Writer Network
The Lena Nelson Dooley Show, with host Lena Nelson Dooley on the Along Came A Writer Network
Historically Speaking, with host Angela Breidenbach on the Along Came A Writer Network
Angela Breidenbach, author/speaker/radio host
Writing Series on Coach Talk Radio
Coach Talk Radio host, Sandra Beck and co-host, CAN president and best-selling author, Angela Breidenbach talk and teach about how to create a writing career in 13 episodes. Special guest stars include quite a few CAN member authors. Also on iTunes.
- Writer’s Series: Research Techniques Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck interview special guest star award-winning author, Lena Nelson Dooley, on research techniques. Lena hosts “The Lena Nelson Dooley Show” on the Along Came a Writer blog radio network.
- Writer’s Series: Marketing and Branding Angela Breidenbach discusses marketing and branding with host, Sandra Beck. Tips and techniques along with ideas on low-cost marketing and ideas for marketing without spending a dime!
- Writer’s Series: Creating Tension Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck discuss creating tension w/special guest stars Dr. Richard Mabry and Sandra Orchard. Dr. Richard Mabry is a retired physician, now writing “medical suspense with heart.” Sandra Orchard writes fast-paced, keep-you-guessing mysteries with a dash of sweet romance.
- Writer’s Series: Character Arcs Angela Breidenbach discusses character arcs with special Guest Sarah Sundin, author of eight historical novels, including Anchor in the Storm.
- Writer’s Series: Traditional Vs. Self Publishing Angela Breidenbach visits with Sandra on the common questions of traditional versus self (now called indie) publishing.
- Writer’s Series: Finding the Right Literary Agent Angela Breidenbach with show host, Sandra Beck, discuss finding your agent with special guest, literary agent Tamela Hancock Murray of the Steve Laube Agency.
- Writer’s Series: Editing & Proofreading Special guest star, Kathy Ide, author of Proofreading Secrets of Best Selling Authors.
- Writer’s Series: Plots & SubPlots Angela Breidenbach visits with Sandra Beck on creating compelling stories.
- Writer’s Series: Conferences & Associations Angela Breidenbach, CAN president, visits with Sandra Beck on what first time authors need to know about conferences and associations, what to join, what to expect, and how to make the most out of your conference and association experience.
- Writer’s Series: The Synopsis and Book Proposals Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck discuss what first time authors need to know about preparing a synopsis and a book proposal.
- Writer’s Series: Avoiding Rejection Angela Breidenbach, CAN president, and Sandra Beck discuss submitting to publishing houses, literary agents, and attending conferences.
John Vonhoff, host of Writers and Authors On Fire, interviews CAN members
Writers and Authors On Fire Podcast
Host, John Vonhoff, discusses writing, writing life, writing lessons, and the best tips to be a successful author with his guests.
Listen to episodes below by clicking on the link.
- Cheri Cowell is an accomplished author, speaker, and owner of EABooks Publishing.
- Dr. Michelle Bengtson is the author of Hope Prevails, a book about depression.
- Sydney Avey writes literary fiction about the human experience.
- Jane Daley has written two nonfiction books about life’s hard issues.
- Sherry Kyle is an author of novels for women and books for tween girls.
- Crystal Bowman is a children’s author with over 100 books written.
- Torry Martin is a Christian sketch writer/scriptwriter, who also writes humor and nonfiction books.
- Mona Hodgson Historical fiction and children’s book author talks about these two exciting genres.
- Karen Whiting is an author of 21 books and 600+ articles, and writes for children, moms, and families.
- Sarah Sundin Author of WWII historical romance fiction.
- Angela Breidenbach writes historical and contemporary romance and non-fiction is intent on growing.
- Kathy Ide Editor and nonfiction author.