Greetings from Sarah Sundin in blistering hot California! Today I have the joy of chatting with multi-published novelist Lena Nelson Dooley. Lena is well known in the Christian writing world for how she gives back to writers through mentoring and through her excellent blog. I know you’ll enjoy our chat today!
Lena Nelson Dooley
Lena, welcome! Please tell us about your novel, A Heart’s Gift.
Because of an earlier betrayal, Franklin vows never to open his heart to another woman. But he desires an heir. Lorinda promises herself she will never allow a man to control her again. How can she provide for her infant son? A marriage of convenience seems perfect until two people from Franklin’s past endanger Lorinda. Read More →
CAN members Linda Kozar, Lena Nelson Dooley, and Angela Breidenbach host shows on the Along Came A Writer Network.
Chat Noir Mystery and Suspense, with host Linda Kozar on the Along Came A Writer Network
The Lena Nelson Dooley Show, with host Lena Nelson Dooley on the Along Came A Writer Network
Historically Speaking, with host Angela Breidenbach on the Along Came A Writer Network
Angela Breidenbach, author/speaker/radio host
Writing Series on Coach Talk Radio
Coach Talk Radio host, Sandra Beck and co-host, CAN president and best-selling author, Angela Breidenbach talk and teach about how to create a writing career in 13 episodes. Special guest stars include quite a few CAN member authors. Also on iTunes.
- Writer’s Series: Research Techniques Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck interview special guest star award-winning author, Lena Nelson Dooley, on research techniques. Lena hosts “The Lena Nelson Dooley Show” on the Along Came a Writer blog radio network.
- Writer’s Series: Marketing and Branding Angela Breidenbach discusses marketing and branding with host, Sandra Beck. Tips and techniques along with ideas on low-cost marketing and ideas for marketing without spending a dime!
- Writer’s Series: Creating Tension Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck discuss creating tension w/special guest stars Dr. Richard Mabry and Sandra Orchard. Dr. Richard Mabry is a retired physician, now writing “medical suspense with heart.” Sandra Orchard writes fast-paced, keep-you-guessing mysteries with a dash of sweet romance.
- Writer’s Series: Character Arcs Angela Breidenbach discusses character arcs with special Guest Sarah Sundin, author of eight historical novels, including Anchor in the Storm.
- Writer’s Series: Traditional Vs. Self Publishing Angela Breidenbach visits with Sandra on the common questions of traditional versus self (now called indie) publishing.
- Writer’s Series: Finding the Right Literary Agent Angela Breidenbach with show host, Sandra Beck, discuss finding your agent with special guest, literary agent Tamela Hancock Murray of the Steve Laube Agency.
- Writer’s Series: Editing & Proofreading Special guest star, Kathy Ide, author of Proofreading Secrets of Best Selling Authors.
- Writer’s Series: Plots & SubPlots Angela Breidenbach visits with Sandra Beck on creating compelling stories.
- Writer’s Series: Conferences & Associations Angela Breidenbach, CAN president, visits with Sandra Beck on what first time authors need to know about conferences and associations, what to join, what to expect, and how to make the most out of your conference and association experience.
- Writer’s Series: The Synopsis and Book Proposals Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck discuss what first time authors need to know about preparing a synopsis and a book proposal.
- Writer’s Series: Avoiding Rejection Angela Breidenbach, CAN president, and Sandra Beck discuss submitting to publishing houses, literary agents, and attending conferences.
Spend Christmas in the Old West with six unconventional women who take on Texas-sized challenges—and unexpected romance. Bridget falls for a man opposed to her teaching Indian orphans. Polly is trying to hold her family together when her childhood love returns to town. Rugged rancher Charlsey is inexplicably attracted to a tenderfoot accountant. Vivian shuns marriage until meeting a nomadic photographer. Lacey’s cooking draws a quiet blacksmith out of his shell. Tracker Bessie Mae helps a ranger hunt down a villain.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Award-winning author Lena Nelson Dooley has had over 800,000 copies of her books sold. She is a member of ACFW and CAN. She has appeared on CBA Bestseller list and Amazon Bestseller lists. Her works include Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico; Maggie’s Journey; Mary’s Blessing; and Catherine’s Pursuit. Her blog, A Christian Writer’s World, received the Readers Choice Blog of the Year Award.
Lena speaks at women’s groups, writers groups, and conferences. She is a co-host of the Along Came a Writer blog talk radio show.
Lena has an active web presence on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and LinkedIn.
Sometimes Love Needs a Little Divine Intervention
8 Weddings and a Miracle_Lena Nelson Dooley_March 2015
Nine modern couples face challenges on their way to the marriage altar, and readers will delight in how God intervenes to get them to the point of “I do.” Be it a meeting in the wrong place at the right time, an accident that opens hardened hearts, or weather that seems to blow things off course, romance has a way of persevering. Read More →