Hope you’ve had a wonderful week despite the weather challenges in Florida and the southeast. I believe there will be a collective sigh of relief once this hurricane season is history!
This week we have one shout out to share. Remember to send me your good news and reviews to be featured in this post. Submission guidelines may be found on the CAN blog or in the CAN email loop.
If you’re in the mood for a fun, laugh-out-loud art crime mystery, good news! Right now, you can download A Fool and His Monet, for free on kindle: bit.ly/AFAM-E and nook: http://bit.ly/Nook-AFAM
The deal is pending on iBook and Kobo as well.
And…for the rest of September books 2 & 3—Another Day Another Dali and Over Maya Dead Body—are deeply discounted as well.
Prairie Sky Book Reviews says: “Sandra Orchard has once again penned a can’t-put-it-down mystery novel, made even better by humor that even a Royal Guardsman would have to crack a smile at.”
Greetings from Colorado. Davalynn Spencer here, welcoming author Sandra Orchard today.
Sandra, tell us about your book.
Over Maya Dead Body is book 3 in my Serena Jones Mysteries series about a plucky FBI agent who specializes in art crime. Serena is supposed to be enjoying a little R&R on Martha’s Vineyard, but trouble finds her again—this time in the form of an antiquity smuggling ring that is not above murder.
That sounds exciting and out of the ordinary, for sure. Has God used the message of your book in your own life?
While on Martha’s Vineyard to research the novel, I discovered the unique beauty of sea glass and people’s passion for collecting it. This combination struck me as a powerful metaphor for life. At one time or another, most of us have felt broken, ugly or unwanted, just as sea glass once was. But over time, the action of the waves and rocks and sand transform it into something sought after and treasured.
Now whenever I look at the dish of sea glass I’ve collected, I’m reminded that the Lord can use difficult circumstances to hone strengths and positive qualities in me…if I’m willing. We are all a treasure in the making. Read More →
Over Maya Dead Body
by Sandra Orchard (Revell Publishing)
July 4, 2017
About the Book:
FBI Special Agent Serena Jones arrives on Martha’s Vineyard for a little bit of R&R, but crime doesn’t take a vacation, and she’s soon entangled in an investigation of a suspicious death tied to an antiquities smuggling ring. When her investigation propels her into danger, Serena must stay the course and solve the case before anyone else dies. But how is she supposed to do that when the two men in her life arrive on the scene, bringing with them plenty of romantic complications–and even a secret or two?
About the Author:
Sandra Orchard writes inspirational romantic suspense for Love Inspired Suspense and mysteries for Revell publishing and Annie’s Attic.
Her novels have garnered several Canadian Christian Writing Awards (The Word Award), a Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award, a Holt Medallion Award of Merit, a National Readers’ Choice Award, and a Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense.
In addition to her busy writing schedule, Sandra enjoys speaking at events and teaching writing workshops.
Sandra and her husband of 30 years live in the heart of Niagara, Canada. When not plotting crimes, Sandra loves to play with her growing brood of grandchildren. Connect with Sandra at: http://SandraOrchard.com
Angela Breidenbach, author/speaker/radio host
Writing Series on Coach Talk Radio
Coach Talk Radio host, Sandra Beck and co-host, CAN president and best-selling author, Angela Breidenbach talk and teach about how to create a writing career in 13 episodes. Special guest stars include quite a few CAN member authors. Also on iTunes.
- Writer’s Series: Research Techniques Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck interview special guest star award-winning author, Lena Nelson Dooley, on research techniques. Lena hosts “The Lena Nelson Dooley Show” on the Along Came a Writer blog radio network.
- Writer’s Series: Marketing and Branding Angela Breidenbach discusses marketing and branding with host, Sandra Beck. Tips and techniques along with ideas on low-cost marketing and ideas for marketing without spending a dime!
- Writer’s Series: Creating Tension Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck discuss creating tension w/special guest stars Dr. Richard Mabry and Sandra Orchard. Dr. Richard Mabry is a retired physician, now writing “medical suspense with heart.” Sandra Orchard writes fast-paced, keep-you-guessing mysteries with a dash of sweet romance.
- Writer’s Series: Character Arcs Angela Breidenbach discusses character arcs with special Guest Sarah Sundin, author of eight historical novels, including Anchor in the Storm.
- Writer’s Series: Traditional Vs. Self Publishing Angela Breidenbach visits with Sandra on the common questions of traditional versus self (now called indie) publishing.
- Writer’s Series: Finding the Right Literary Agent Angela Breidenbach with show host, Sandra Beck, discuss finding your agent with special guest, literary agent Tamela Hancock Murray of the Steve Laube Agency.
- Writer’s Series: Editing & Proofreading Special guest star, Kathy Ide, author of Proofreading Secrets of Best Selling Authors.
- Writer’s Series: Plots & SubPlots Angela Breidenbach visits with Sandra Beck on creating compelling stories.
- Writer’s Series: Conferences & Associations Angela Breidenbach, CAN president, visits with Sandra Beck on what first time authors need to know about conferences and associations, what to join, what to expect, and how to make the most out of your conference and association experience.
- Writer’s Series: The Synopsis and Book Proposals Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck discuss what first time authors need to know about preparing a synopsis and a book proposal.
- Writer’s Series: Avoiding Rejection Angela Breidenbach, CAN president, and Sandra Beck discuss submitting to publishing houses, literary agents, and attending conferences.
Another Day Another Dali
By Sandra Orchard
Revell, October 18, 2016
When Serena’s grandmother asks her to investigate the switch of a valuable Salvador Dali painting, Serena hopes tracking down the original will also mean finally measuring up to Nana’s expectations. But when the evidence points to members of the owner’s own household—friends of her grandmother’s—it becomes increasingly clear that Serena won’t be winning any popularity contests.
To make matters worse, the Dali isn’t the only painting that’s fallen prey to the forgery-replacing thief, raising the specter of a sophisticated theft ring–one with links to dirty cops, an aspiring young artist, and the unsolved murder of Serena’s grandfather.
Read More →