Hola from Janet Perez Eckles…Igniting Your Passion to Overcome
“Don’t you just hate her?” some have said at the way Nora Roberts has reached real success as an author. But her story goes just a tad beyond success. Five books a year? Insanely impossible. Not for her. In 2012 she threw a party to celebrate her 200th book out. And, the millions each sold no doubt, adds to her glory.
How does she do it? I found a clue in a Wall Street Journal article. It says: “Ms. Roberts writes for six to eight hours every day, fueled by Diet Pepsi and Winston Filter 100s cigarettes.”
Hmm…her source of fuel, according to the article, is unique, isn’t it?
On the other hand, my friend, Bob Saffrin, is fueled by God’s power to pen insights from Scripture. A young man who served in Iraq shared how discouraged he and his wife had been, not able to find work after moving to another state. When they read Bob’s book Moses – Steps to a Life of Faith together they realized this “desert” time in their lives was God preparing them for something great.
To reach real success, it’s not the number of books sold, but the quantity of hope our books sing. The hope that revives the soul shines the spotlight on Jesus and brightens the horizon through the gloom of pain.
So, before I start a new habit and rush out to grab my own pack of Winston cigarettes, allow me to give you three secrets to success:
- Identify the source, the fuel, and the reason for your passion, making sure, nothing is done out of selfish ambition or vain conceit (Philippians 2:3).
- When sales don’t soar, believe anyway—with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving” (Colossians 3:23).
- And finally, at the end of the day, when you worked till you can’t any longer, the computer is off, and the family is sleep, in the deepest corner of your heart, you can say with a smile of gratitude and with the peace few know, ”All, absolutely all is well with my soul.”
Father, I confess I had coveted success that’s measured by numbers, dollars, and prestige. But I came to recognize the success that is measured by your power, ordained by your Word, and orchestrated by your plans. Show me how to accomplish only the tasks for each moment. Those that sing of your faithfulness, to spend days that show your provision and the kind of success that lifts a sweet fragrance unto you. In Jesus’ name, amen.
- What does success look like to you?
- Who measures your success, the one no one sees?
- What fuels the work you do?
Before Janet Perez Eckles became an international speaker, No. 1 Amazon best-selling author, life coach, master interpreter, and radio host, she faced complete blindness at 31 and endured other devastating tragedies.
And because of God’s grace, her days shine with victory, success and joy. This triumph translates into the empowerment and transformational message she imparts in her books and her presentations internationally before thousands. Want to know more? Here’s a 2-minute video for you to enjoy. And please visit Janet’s website.
Janet’s newest book: Contagious Courage: A 30-Day Journey to Overcoming Stress and Anxiety.