As an award-winning author, Georgia Shaffer’s books include Avoiding the 12 Relationship Mistakes Women Make, 12 Smart Choices for Finding the Right Guy, Taking Out Your Emotional Trash, A Gift of Mourning Glories: Restoring Your Life After Loss and Coaching the Coach: Life Coaching Stories and Tips for Transforming Lives.
Georgia is also a professional speaker, a Christian life coach, and a licensed Psychologist in Pennsylvania. Her story, along with her photos, is featured in the film Letters to God: Over twenty five years ago Georgia was given a two percent chance to be alive in 10 years after a recurrence of breast cancer. “At that time my son, Kyle, was only 8 years old,” she said, “which meant I had a two percent chance to see him graduate from high school.”
“Not only did I see Kyle graduate from college but several years ago, when Kyle was 30, I had the joy of dancing with him at his wedding.”
Georgia is part of the Extraordinary Women Bible Study DVD that companions Julie Clinton’s book Women of Extraordinary Faith. Georgia has also appeared on shows such as The 700 Club, The Sharron and Hermann Show, Decision Today, and Sky Angel’s A Time for Hope and on the DVD “Jesus: Fact or Fiction?”
When Georgia isn’t writing, speaking, or coaching, Georgia enjoys spending time with her son’s family and deciding what needs to grow or go in her scenic garden. She resides near Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
| Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |
- It’s Time to Take Out the Trash—Let Georgia help you “take out the trash” and prevent pent-up emotions from damaging your health or relationships. Lighten those burdens that come with destructive guilt, anger, and shame and dump the junk before you trash your closest connections.
- Relational Blind Spots…What You Don’t See Can Hurt You—Georgia helps you recognize your relational blind spots and minimize their destructive impact. Learn 12 ways you could be undermining your chances of enjoying long-lasting connections.
- Cultivate Caring Relationships—Research shows that people who experience love and support from family and friends are healthier and happier. Georgia explains how God can help you cultivate loving relationships–even when it is difficult.
- Growing Through the Changes We Do Not Choose—Unwanted change is a constant of life, such as death of a loved one, divorce, loss of a job, or your lifestyle. Georgia reveals how you can grow instead of simply go through these painful seasons.
- Living with Passion and Purpose—What do you care about deeply? What desires, experiences, and talents has God given you? How are you unique? Georgia helps women confront their fears in order to focus on God’s divine plan for their life.
- Being Mary in a Martha World
Georgia guides you in carving out time in this busy, hectic world to refresh your soul and replace distorted beliefs about yourself and God with the truth of Scripture.
- Take the Hectic Out of Your Holidays, A Presentation for the Christmas Season—Does Christmas sometimes feel more like a chore than a celebration? Learn five ways you can be intentional and experience God’s peace and joy in this special time of year.
Suggested Themes for a Women’s Retreat or Conference – for more detailed information visit http://www.georgiashaffer.com/wordpress/speaking/women/
- Unplug and Reconnect with God, Yourself, and Others
- Divine Design
- It’s Time to Take Out the Trash
Small group questions also available for each message