Greetings from Sarah Sundin in California! Today we have something new for you on the CAN blog. On Thursdays, we’ll be chatting with our members about their latest books and the writing life. We hope this feature will be enjoyable for readers, retailers, and librarians.
Roger E. Bruner
Kicking us off in our debut chat is Roger E. Bruner! Not only is Roger a novelist, but he’s also written over two hundred songs. A folk guitarist, he takes his songs on mission trips abroad—and to his local nursing home! So let’s have a chat with Mr. Bruner.
Roger, please tell us about your novel Rosa No-Name (intriguing title!)
Rosa leaves her tiny Mexican village a rejected, illiterate, pregnant sixteen-year-old and returns at twenty a mature, highly literate woman. But can she forgive the villagers for their former ill treatment and help them find a way to survive? And will she find the God she’s been seeking? Read More →
Mary’s Monday Musings to Quilt Encouragement.
Spring Is Sprung. So goes the saying I remember from my youth. What glorious sights springtime brings us. Masses of flowers blossoming in our yards, along our highways, and over our meadows and hillsides to delight our eyes and scent the air. The season of Spring is well named. Hope and encouragement springs into our hearts and souls with the sight of blossoms changing the barren landscape of winter. Our spirits are renewed. Our sense of expectation rekindled. Our creative energy replenished.
Everywhere we look, we see signs that God isn’t finished with our world yet. His creativity all around us demands our notice and invites us to throw ourselves into living our life to the fullest. The power and love that God demonstrates on the canvas of His world each spring inspires us to use our days to pursue the gifts He has given us. Perhaps a pat on the back, homemade cookies, a word spoken to encourage, or a message written to lift someone’s spirits. Whatever our gifts, God gives them to us as freely as he spreads beauty on our land. We thank Him for our world because we didn’t create the seeds that sprout into flower or food. We thank Him because He planted the seed in us that allows us to spread His love around our world with the gifts He gives us. Thank you, God, for our beautiful Spring.
Angela Breidenbach, author/speaker/radio host
Writing Series on Coach Talk Radio
Coach Talk Radio host, Sandra Beck and co-host, CAN president and best-selling author, Angela Breidenbach talk and teach about how to create a writing career in 13 episodes. Special guest stars include quite a few CAN member authors. Also on iTunes.
- Writer’s Series: Research Techniques Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck interview special guest star award-winning author, Lena Nelson Dooley, on research techniques. Lena hosts “The Lena Nelson Dooley Show” on the Along Came a Writer blog radio network.
- Writer’s Series: Marketing and Branding Angela Breidenbach discusses marketing and branding with host, Sandra Beck. Tips and techniques along with ideas on low-cost marketing and ideas for marketing without spending a dime!
- Writer’s Series: Creating Tension Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck discuss creating tension w/special guest stars Dr. Richard Mabry and Sandra Orchard. Dr. Richard Mabry is a retired physician, now writing “medical suspense with heart.” Sandra Orchard writes fast-paced, keep-you-guessing mysteries with a dash of sweet romance.
- Writer’s Series: Character Arcs Angela Breidenbach discusses character arcs with special Guest Sarah Sundin, author of eight historical novels, including Anchor in the Storm.
- Writer’s Series: Traditional Vs. Self Publishing Angela Breidenbach visits with Sandra on the common questions of traditional versus self (now called indie) publishing.
- Writer’s Series: Finding the Right Literary Agent Angela Breidenbach with show host, Sandra Beck, discuss finding your agent with special guest, literary agent Tamela Hancock Murray of the Steve Laube Agency.
- Writer’s Series: Editing & Proofreading Special guest star, Kathy Ide, author of Proofreading Secrets of Best Selling Authors.
- Writer’s Series: Plots & SubPlots Angela Breidenbach visits with Sandra Beck on creating compelling stories.
- Writer’s Series: Conferences & Associations Angela Breidenbach, CAN president, visits with Sandra Beck on what first time authors need to know about conferences and associations, what to join, what to expect, and how to make the most out of your conference and association experience.
- Writer’s Series: The Synopsis and Book Proposals Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck discuss what first time authors need to know about preparing a synopsis and a book proposal.
- Writer’s Series: Avoiding Rejection Angela Breidenbach, CAN president, and Sandra Beck discuss submitting to publishing houses, literary agents, and attending conferences.
John Vonhoff, host of Writers and Authors On Fire, interviews CAN members
Writers and Authors On Fire Podcast
Host, John Vonhoff, discusses writing, writing life, writing lessons, and the best tips to be a successful author with his guests.
Listen to episodes below by clicking on the link.
- Cheri Cowell is an accomplished author, speaker, and owner of EABooks Publishing.
- Dr. Michelle Bengtson is the author of Hope Prevails, a book about depression.
- Sydney Avey writes literary fiction about the human experience.
- Jane Daley has written two nonfiction books about life’s hard issues.
- Sherry Kyle is an author of novels for women and books for tween girls.
- Crystal Bowman is a children’s author with over 100 books written.
- Torry Martin is a Christian sketch writer/scriptwriter, who also writes humor and nonfiction books.
- Mona Hodgson Historical fiction and children’s book author talks about these two exciting genres.
- Karen Whiting is an author of 21 books and 600+ articles, and writes for children, moms, and families.
- Sarah Sundin Author of WWII historical romance fiction.
- Angela Breidenbach writes historical and contemporary romance and non-fiction is intent on growing.
- Kathy Ide Editor and nonfiction author.