Christian Authors Network is a
Are you a traditionally published Christian author who wants to learn savvy marketing techniques to sell more books?
The Christian Authors Network (CAN) courses, checklists, and guides will help you meet your business and marketing needs. CAN is filled with rich resources that will enhance your writing business. Check out the benefits below.
What Does CAN Membership Include?
2. REFERENCE GUIDE LIBRARY
Set yourself up for success with our extensive library filled with checklists and training to gain the competitive edge in your business. Resources are all in one place.
Develop, grow, and maintain your publishing company’s personalized roadmap for success with numerous trainings on various industry topics.
5. TRADESHOW REPRESENTATION
Schedule media interviews, get your books listed in bookstores, and find your next publisher at the Christian Product Expo or National Religious Broadcasters Conventions. Attend with CAN for a discounted price or have CAN represent you and your books.
6. ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Maximize your marketing efficiency and return on investment through CAN’s advertising opportunities.
7. Christian Authors Publishing Journal
Jump ahead of the curve by staying up-to-date with industry news and learning effective marketing strategies to boost your bottom-line.
- Branding Your Book
- Book Reviews: Tips for Getting More Reviews
- Create a Professional Looking Book
- Develop an Audience for Your Books
- Endorsements Help You Sell More Books
- Grow Your Audience with Content Marketing
- How to Book a Podcast Tour
- Increase Your Book’s Amazon Rank by Expanding Categories & Strengthening Keywords
- Course: Increase Book Sales by Enhancing Public Relations through Media, Retailers, and Consumers
- Course: Tips for Getting More Book Reviews
- Blogging to Drive Traffic to Your Website
- Author Media Kit
- Book Contest List
- Beta Readers
- Book Industry Standards and Communications (BISAC) Subject Codes
- Book Launch Marketing Checklist
- Book Launch Teams
- Bookstore Events
- Checklist for Creating a Professional Looking Book
- How to Choose the Best BISAC Category
- How to Get Your Book in Barnes & Noble
- How to Get Your Book in Libraries
- Library of Congress Guide
- List of Radio & Podcast Media
- Marketing Tactic Worksheet
- Metadata Checklist
- Media Interviews
- Media Pitches
- Media Query Tracking Sheet
- Piracy & Digital Copyright Act
- Press Releases
- Online Giveaways
- Speakers Kit and Speaking Opportunity List
- Thema: Subject Category Codes for Global Book Sales
Quarterly live workshops provide training on the latest marketing tactics. Videos of each training are available in the membership courses section.
A monthly e-newsletter featuring industry news and marketing tips.
- Title Set Up and Revisions for IngramSpark (Optional Add-On)
- International Standard Book Number (ISBN) Numbers and any Bowker products
- International Standard Name Identifier (ISNI) Numbers
- Christian Indie Awards
- BookBaby (Self-publishing platform that does it all for you: editing, cover design, formatting, publishing, and distribution)
- BookBrush Professional Plan (Image creation software to create marketing images)
- IndieReader’s In-Store/Edelweiss Digital Review Service (Lists your book in an online catalog)
- Bonus Content when ordering KDSPY (Browser extension that allows you to conduct book category and keyword research on Amazon)
- Magazine Advertising
- Book Design Templates and Covers
- Membership to Association of Publishers for Special Sales (APSS)
- Membership to Writers & Publishers Network (W&PN)
- Pricing for services offered through CIPA’s Partner members (Printers, book designers, publicists, advertising agencies, etc.)
- Publisher Rocket (Software that provides book keywords and Amazon categories)
- Booksweeps a book promotional site
- Plottr a book outlining software
- PostPlanner a social media scheduler
- Reedsy services (Platform to find professionals who do editing, book design, proofreading, and publicist support)
- Subscription to Publishers Weekly
- Public relations resource called PRToolkit
- Book covers by Hannah Linder Designs
- ProWritingAid $150 off lifetime subscription
- BookFunnel $50 off secure Advanced Review Copy services
- Scrivener Masterclass
- Book covers designed by 100 covers
- Children’s book formatting & creation with 1000 Storybooks
- Fresh Eyes Proofreaders
- Formatted Books
- Logo Creation by Katie Dale
- Printing by Fitting Words
- Audiobook creation Two Words Publishing
- Audiobook creation Goodwill Rights
- Amazon Ads managed by Warrior Book Marketing Group.
- Editing services by Edit911.
Marketing / Advertising Benefits
- Member new book release announcements in the CAN newsletter to retailers, librarians, and consumers.
- Member new book release announcement in the Christian Authors Publishing Journal.
- List of over 100 Radio and Podcast Media actively seeking guests
- eBlasts to 20,000 consumers (optional paid add-on)
- eBlast to 1300 Christian retailers (optional paid add-on)
- eBlast to 400 Christian media outlets (newspapers, magazines, radio and TV shows) (optional paid add-on)
- Sell Your Book on CAN’s Website (optional paid ad on)
- Tradeshow Representation (Christian Product Expo and National Religious Broadcasting conventions) (optional paid add-on)
CAN Membership Requirements
To be eligible for membership:
- An individual must be a published author with two or more published books. One must be a Christian book published by a traditional royalty-paying publisher (with no financial input by the author), whose books are currently available in publication (in any and all formats) at the date of the membership application.
- Agree to abide by CAN’s code of conduct
Code of Conduct
Acknowledge that God has commanded us to “love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind” and to “love your neighbor as yourself” (Matt. 22:37, 39). CAN members pledge to:
- Be honest and fair in all our business practices with whomever we conduct business
- Honor and fulfill all business commitments and agreements
- Treat others as we would have them treat us
- Conduct business in a manner that brings honor to CAN, its members, and the Christian title