Marketing Ideas From Cheri Cowell
Most Christian authors will tell you they are in this to get a message out, to impact the world, and to be faithful to this calling on their life. However, if we are truly honest, we’d also like to make some money. We know we aren’t going to make a ton of money, but if you’ve been in this crazy business for any length of time, you’d probably like to at the least not lose money. Here are a few ideas to help you reach that goal–really!
Use the ideas to help you make more money as an author. No kidding…it can be done.
- Repackage old blog posts and sell them as an e-book.
- Join an affiliate program such as Amazon Associates and Google Affiliates.
- Speak on the core topic of your book for a fee.
- Host paid webinars using your “expertise.”
- Freelance with niche magazines that fit your topic.
- Sell fellow author’s books on your website and at events and share profits.
- Use all that unused material from your book’s research create/sell a workbook from your website.
- Mentor another writer and charge them for your expertise.
- Consider creating ancillary products to compliment your message such as Scripture memory cards, jewelry.
- Write another book. First and second books always sell better when you have more books to promote.
Making money as an author means not putting everything in that book bag. Said another way, throw enough mud and some of it will stick. You can make money as an author, really you can.
Cheri Cowell is the author of a new devotional book, 365 Devotions for Peace, released in December from Zondervan. Her Bible study Parables and Word Pictures in the AMG Following God Bible study series is a favorite in bookstores everywhere. She will release a new Bible study in June One Story, One Mission, One God.
Connect with Cheri Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and you can read her blogs on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month Cheri’s Blog
Michelle ConnellApril 6, 2016 - 07 : 42 : 14
Thank you for these ideas! I am just now marketing my first novel and I never thought about putting blog posts together in an e-book. Great idea!