Marketing Tips From Cheri Cowell
If you’ve published a book, you are an expert on that book’s topic. Experts share their knowledge with others, so here are some ways to further your expert status and share what you know.
Here are a few places you can share your knowledge, extend your reach, and spread the word about your book. Just remember to mention your book in your byline and offer a link to your website.
- Write articles both for print and online
- Become a HAROsource
- Get active on LinkedIn, linking to those articles you’ve written
- Write Op-Ed pieces on the core message of your story for local newspaper
- Write freelance pieces to niche publications if your core message has a cause
- Use booktour.com to promote your speaking gigs on your core message
- Host webinars
- Create a series of web-videos interviewing other experts on the core message of your story
- Do bookstore events around your core message, invite others to join you
- Create a Meetup group or a BookClub group for those passionate about your core message
What ways have you shared your expertise? Please share because experts are always willing to share.
Cheri Cowell is the author of a new devotional book, 365 Devotions for Peace, released from Zondervan. Her Bible study Parables and Word Pictures in the AMG Following God Bible study series is a favorite in bookstores everywhere. Her new Bible study One Story, One Mission, One God released last year. Check out her website to learn more www.CheriCowell.com