Woman’s World recently did a feature on WWII love stories, and highlighted Sarah Sundin’s latest novel, “The Sea Before Us” in its August 13th issue
February greetings from Marti Pieper in lovely Mount Dora, Florida, where we’re not quite sure what season it is. This has been the coldest winter of our ten-plus years in Florida, but I realize “coldest” is a relative term for most of the rest of the country.
But we have much better things to discuss today than the ever-changing weather. My guest is friend and author Sarah Sundin, writer of award-winning novels and wearer of multiple hats. Let’s find out about some of them—and much more—right now.
Welcome, Sarah! Please Tell us about your book.
The Sea Before Us is the first book in the Sunrise at Normandy series. As D-day approaches, American naval officer Lt. Wyatt Paxton is teamed up with Dorothy Fairfax, a British officer. Once they piece together family and reconnaissance photos to map Normandy, will Wyatt’s bombardment plans destroy what Dorothy loves most? Read More →
The Sea Before Us by Sarah Sundin
Sunrise at Normandy, Book 1
Revell, February 6, 2018
About the book:
In 1944, American naval officer Lt. Wyatt Paxton arrives in London to prepare for the Allied invasion of France. He works closely with Dorothy Fairfax, a “Wren” in the Women’s Royal Naval Service, who pieces together reconnaissance photographs with thousands of holiday snapshots of France—including those of her family’s summer home—in order to create accurate maps of Normandy. Maps that Wyatt turns into naval bombardment plans for D-day.
As the two spend concentrated time together in the pressure cooker of war, their deepening friendship threatens to turn into something more. But both of them have too much to lose to give in to love . . .
About the author:
Sarah Sundin is the author of Through Waters Deep, Anchor in the Storm, and When Tides Turn in the Waves of Freedom series, as well as Wings of the Nightingale and the Wings of Glory series. Her novels have received starred reviews from Booklist and Library Journal. Her popular Through Waters Deep was a Carol Award finalist and named to Booklist‘s “101 Best Romance Novels of the Last 10 Years.” A graduate of UC San Francisco School of Pharmacy, she works on-call as a hospital pharmacist. Sarah lives in California. Visit www.sarahsundin.com for more information.
Writing Series on Coach Talk Radio
Coach Talk Radio host, Sandra Beck and co-host, CAN president and best-selling author, Angela Breidenbach talk and teach about how to create a writing career in 13 episodes. Special guest stars include quite a few CAN member authors. Also on iTunes.
- Writer’s Series: Research Techniques Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck interview special guest star award-winning author, Lena Nelson Dooley, on research techniques. Lena hosts “The Lena Nelson Dooley Show” on the Along Came a Writer blog radio network.
- Writer’s Series: Marketing and Branding Angela Breidenbach discusses marketing and branding with host, Sandra Beck. Tips and techniques along with ideas on low-cost marketing and ideas for marketing without spending a dime!
- Writer’s Series: Creating Tension Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck discuss creating tension w/special guest stars Dr. Richard Mabry and Sandra Orchard. Dr. Richard Mabry is a retired physician, now writing “medical suspense with heart.” Sandra Orchard writes fast-paced, keep-you-guessing mysteries with a dash of sweet romance.
- Writer’s Series: Character Arcs Angela Breidenbach discusses character arcs with special Guest Sarah Sundin, author of eight historical novels, including Anchor in the Storm.
- Writer’s Series: Traditional Vs. Self Publishing Angela Breidenbach visits with Sandra on the common questions of traditional versus self (now called indie) publishing.
- Writer’s Series: Finding the Right Literary Agent Angela Breidenbach with show host, Sandra Beck, discuss finding your agent with special guest, literary agent Tamela Hancock Murray of the Steve Laube Agency.
- Writer’s Series: Editing & Proofreading Special guest star, Kathy Ide, author of Proofreading Secrets of Best Selling Authors.
- Writer’s Series: Plots & SubPlots Angela Breidenbach visits with Sandra Beck on creating compelling stories.
- Writer’s Series: Conferences & Associations Angela Breidenbach, CAN president, visits with Sandra Beck on what first time authors need to know about conferences and associations, what to join, what to expect, and how to make the most out of your conference and association experience.
- Writer’s Series: The Synopsis and Book Proposals Angela Breidenbach and Sandra Beck discuss what first time authors need to know about preparing a synopsis and a book proposal.
- Writer’s Series: Avoiding Rejection Angela Breidenbach, CAN president, and Sandra Beck discuss submitting to publishing houses, literary agents, and attending conferences.
Writers and Authors On Fire Podcast
Host, John Vonhoff, discusses writing, writing life, writing lessons, and the best tips to be a successful author with his guests.
Listen to episodes below by clicking on the link.
- Cheri Cowell is an accomplished author, speaker, and owner of EABooks Publishing.
- Dr. Michelle Bengtson is the author of Hope Prevails, a book about depression.
- Sydney Avey writes literary fiction about the human experience.
- Jane Daley has written two nonfiction books about life’s hard issues.
- Sherry Kyle is an author of novels for women and books for tween girls.
- Crystal Bowman is a children’s author with over 100 books written.
- Torry Martin is a Christian sketch writer/scriptwriter, who also writes humor and nonfiction books.
- Mona Hodgson Historical fiction and children’s book author talks about these two exciting genres.
- Karen Whiting is an author of 21 books and 600+ articles, and writes for children, moms, and families.
- Sarah Sundin Author of WWII historical romance fiction.
- Angela Breidenbach writes historical and contemporary romance and non-fiction is intent on growing.
- Kathy Ide Editor and nonfiction author.