Ava Pennington is thoroughly enjoying her second career as an author, teacher, and speaker:
Applying truth is not always easy these days. People and circumstances often seem to conspire against our desire to live out our faith.
As an author, speaker, and teacher, I have a passion for sharing inspirational messages that apply truth to deepen faith. Having worked in the corporate financial services world, I understand the importance of being anchored in a biblical world view while navigating the contours of our culture.
Armed with an MBA in Executive Management, I worked in corporate Human Resources in New York City for 20 years. While I enjoyed my vocation, my desire to teach and write motivated me to earn an Adult Bible Studies Certificate from Moody Bible Institute.
I left the corporate world and began speaking as well as writing books, articles, and devotions to encourage others to apply truth and deepen faith. I also teach a Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) class.
I’ve written for organizations such as Focus on the Family, Christianity Today, and Haven Ministries. I’ve also been published in 30 anthologies, including 25 Chicken Soup for the Soul books.
My first book, Daily Reflections on the Names of God: A Devotional, is endorsed by Kay Arthur, founder of Precept Ministries, International. And I’ve co-authored two children’s picture books, Do You Love Me More? and Will I See You Today?
A few more things about me…
I’m a freelance editor, a mentor with Word Weavers International, and a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), the Christian Author’s Network (CAN), and the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association (AWSA). And speaking of speakers, I love to connect with audiences through relevant, challenging, and enjoyable presentations.
My wonderful hubby and I were married for 40 years before his graduation to heaven. Now, when I’m not teaching, speaking, writing, or editing, I’m playing with my 2 too-smart-for-their-own-good boxers in sunny Florida!
Looking for a speaker for your next group meeting or special event?
Ava is a passionate speaker and teacher, and delights in challenging audiences with relevant, enjoyable presentations. She speaks to both secular and Christian groups. Past speaking engagements include:
- Community groups such as the Red Cross and a local synagogue
- School programs
- Christian groups, women’s ministry events, and churches
- Bible studies
- Writer’s conferences
Choose one of the following topics OR contact Ava about a customized message that will meet the needs of your event…
For Community Groups:
- Find and Follow Your Passion
For Christian Groups:
- Loving Relationships in an Unloving World
- The Blessings of Calling God by Name
- The Hard Names of God
- Lessons from a Brown Thumb
- You Are Special
- Grace for the Great Adventure
- Enjoying the Journey
- Passion for Prayer
- Fulfilling the Greatest Command
- Too Busy to Be?
- Finding the Will of God
For Writer’s Groups:
- Writing for the Christian Market
- A Winning Recipe: Writing for Anthologies
- Devoted to Devotions (How to Write & Sell Devotions)
- Time to Party! (Planning & Executing a Successful Book Launch Party)
- 20 Tips to Better Profile Interviews
- Prayer in the Writer’s Life
- “The heart of your ministry is for others to know Him…Thank you for speaking to us and giving us tools to know Him better!”
Carol M., Women’s Ministry Director
- “God has gifted Ava to bring His word with dedication, color, and heart.”
Sheila P., Bible study attendee
- “An inspiring and motivating afternoon.”
Barbara S., Leader, Writing Ministry Leader
- “Excellent and lively teaching style…thank you for blessing us!”
Kathy B., workshop attendee
- “You captivated everyone’s interests and created hunger [in] your audience who wanted to consume every idea you shared. We are all wealthier for having shared time with you.”
Glenn G., author and writing workshop attendee
- “Moving and inspirational talk. Everyone is still talking about it.”
Louise J., Women’s Ministry Leader