Crystal Bowman is a former preschool teacher, author, and speaker. She graduated from Calvin College with a degree in elementary education and studied early childhood development at the University of Michigan.
Her writing career began in 1990 as a lyricist for children’s piano music. She began writing children’s books in 1993 and has since written more than 80 books for children and 3 for women. She has written books for many popular children’s series, such as Little Blessings, BOZ the Bear, MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), and I Can Read! She has also written two books of humorous poetry for children, three books for women, numerous magazine articles, Bible study materials, and educational resource books. She’s a regular contributor to Clubhouse Magazine by Focus On the Family.
As a speaker, Crystal enjoys sharing her stories and poetry with students in the classroom and also with adults at teachers’ conventions, writers’ conferences, and women’s seminars. “Writing and speaking can be intimidating because in order to connect with your audience you need to be personal and transparent, exposing what’s in your heart and soul. But when readers or conference attendees respond positively to something I’ve said or written, it is humbling and rewarding all at the same time!”
Crystal and her husband, Bob, have enjoyed 40 years of marriage and are the parents of three grown children and five grandchildren. They live in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. To learn more visit crystalbowman.com.
You can also find her on Facebook and the Christian Children’s Authors group blog.
Speaking Topics and Programs:
I love speaking to women, children, parents, writers, and teachers. I’ve been speaking for over twenty years both nationally and locally. I speak at church groups, schools, conventions, writers’ conferences, and have also been a guest on numerous radio and television programs. The following is a list of some of my speaking topics and programs:
- Author’s assemblies–entertaining and informative.
- Poetry Workshops: In the classroom.
- Teachers’ Conferences: How to develop poetry unit.
Women’s retreats, holiday banquets, mother-daughter banquets, parenting programs.
Mothers of Preschoolers:
- Parenting 101: The basics in parenting–what every child needs.
- Moms on the Grow: How moms can continue to grow in their personal lives while raising kids.
- Preserving Memories: Lots of easy ways to preserve memories for your family.Holidays and Traditions: Make holidays special and create fun family traditions that are simple and affordable.
- Adventures in Mothering: A realistic look at the joys and challenges of being a mom.
- Friendships: Making and nurturing female friends.
- Keeping your Family Spiritually Strong: Raising your kids to have a strong spiritual focus.
- Honor and Respect in the Home: Respecting your husband, and teaching your children to respect each other.
- Love Languages: How to show love to the ones you love.
- Generational Blessings: Passing down a legacy of faith.
- Personality Styles: Understanding your spouse, kids, friends, and extended family.
Writing for Children, Writing Picture Books, Writing in Rhythm and Rhyme, The World of Publishing, Promoting Children’s Books, Finding Purpose in Your Writing, The Broad Spectrum of Children’s Literature, Plot and character development in children’s books (more topics upon request).
**Note: Fees for speaking vary depending on location and event.