Karen Whiting is an international speaker, award winning author of 26 books, and former popular television host of Puppets On Parade. She loves to splash creativity on the pages she writes for women, family, and children. She spent twenty-two years as a military wife, moving around the U.S Her book for military couples and historians Stories of Faith and Courage From the Home Front received the Military Writers of America Gold Medal, faith category and nonfiction book of the year from Advanced Writers and Speakers Association. Her book, The One Year My Princess Devotions, received the Christian Retailing Best Award, Children’s nonficiton. Karen is a certified personality trainer and has been a trainer for scout leaders, Sunday School teachers, and Ministry leaders. She has spoken to ministry leaders as far away as Malaysia and Russia. She is also a former writer for Focus on the Family. She currently writes a column for Leading Hearts Magazine, crafts for The Kid’s Ark, and articles for Molly Green Magazine. Karen moved around a lot as a military wife and has lived from New York to Hawaii and Michigan to Florida. She has five children, including two rocket scientist sons, and ten grandchildren.
- 2014 Christian Retailing Best Award, children’s nonfiction for The One Year My Princess Devotions
- Military Writer’ Society of America 2013 gold medal, faith category, Stories of Faith and Courage From the Home Front
- A devotional for moms
- 52 Weekly Devotions for Families Called to Serve provides fun hands-on activities based devotions for families to do together.Include chat prompts will get you talking and the journal prompt will help you create a faith scrapbook.
Karen’s Most Requested Speaking Topics
Karen uses humorous anecdotes from real life mixed with inspiration and practical solutions to connect with her audience. Her talks range from thirty minutes to full weekend retreats suitable for teas, mother-daughter events, mother-son events, and keynotes. She also speaks live online to groups.
Feel Free to Download and Print Karen’s Speaker Sheet
- Filling Your Child’s Heart
- Nature Girl Seminars
- Tea and American History
- Modern Day Princess Seminars
- Treasuring Family
- Hope for Every Day
- The H-E-A-R-T of Mothering for success
As a certified writing and marketing coach Karen has a gift for helping authors move their writing to the next level as well as develop unique marketing plans. She teaches at several writer’s conferences, writes the marketing column for The Christian Communicator, and blogs for https://thewriteconversation.blogspot.com/
- Developing a Personal Marketing Plan
- Learn to write in a more relatable style
- Organize your book
- Learn how to edit your words
- Use Your Strengths To Succeed in Writing