Marketing Ideas From Cheri Cowell
Did you know that 70% of website/blog readers want to be invited to participate? That means for Christian authors they want to join hands with you in ministry. So how do you do that in a way that is warm, inviting, and not self-promotional? Here are a few ideas to help you move your fans to action.
- Make it fun. Run a photo contest and invite readers to dress in costume, photo bomb your book cover on their vacation, or post a photo of your new release on a bookshelf, sharing where they’ve spotted the book.
- Make is easy. Place social media buttons on your website so fans can easily connect to you.
- Make it profitable. Give away tip sheets, ebooks, and even coloring sheets for those who sign up for your newsletter.
- Make it a challenge. Invite your fans to join a challenge–a 30 day challenge, a 60-day challenge. Right now I’m doing a 2016 Missional Challenge on my blog. Invite them to leave their names so I can pray for them by name all year long.
- Make it personal. Ask fans to do a random act of kindness, fly the American flag, or join in a National Day of Prayer event in their local community and then share what they did.
- Make it productive. Ask for the review and give links to places where they can write a review for your book.
- Make it sharable. Create the tweet or post that they can simply copy and share with their friends.
- Make it sweet. Fans know when they are appreciated. Thank your fans for helping you spread the word.
- Make it purposeful. “You only need 50 more people to like your page and they will have helped you reach 1000 people with the message of hope for the hopeless.”
- Make it worthy. Share other’s stories about how someone’s mention of your book, the gift of your book, or telling them about your blog allowed them to hear the message that they (fill in the blank).
Share how you’ve successfully moved your fans to action…we can all learn from each other.
Cheri Cowell is the author of a new devotional book, 365 Devotions for Peace, released in December from Zondervan. Her Bible study Parables and Word Pictures in the AMG Following God Bible study series is a favorite in bookstores everywhere. She will release a new Bible study in June One Story, One Mission, One God. Check out her website to learn more. www.CheriCowell.com
Connect with Cheri Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and you can read her blogs on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month Cheri’s Blog
Michelle ConnellJune 1, 2016 - 12 : 11 : 41
Thank you for these great ideas, Cheri! I’m still marketing my debut novel, Cookie Encounter, in many ways. I’ll have to try these as well.