Marketing Ideas From Cheri Cowell
All of us are looking for more opportunities to promote our books. Here are a few sites you may not know about.
1. Similar to Goodreads, LibraryThing also offers benefits to authors beyond just a biography, including Author Chats, book giveaways and an Early Reviewers program to help get some buzz before your book releases.
2. The Skype an Author Network is perfect for authors who are looking to get their books into classrooms around the country. Simply fill out a biography and then offer an outline for a free 15-minute Skype chat as well as details on what your paid Skype or in-person visits would look like. Offer a free copy as a giveaway for paid visits.
3. SELF-e is an innovative collaboration between Library Journal and BiblioBoard that enables authors and libraries to work together to expose notable self-published ebooks to voracious readers looking to discover something new.
4. Reader’s Circle, offers thousands of visitors every week and offers to connect authors and book clubs for half-hour phone visits.
5. Create a Google+ page. Use your new Google+ hangout skills to set up an online Meet The Author party. Promote through your social media.
Cheri Cowell is the author of several books including Parables and Word Pictures in the AMG Following God Bible study series and Living the Story: Reaching Outside the Church Walls. Her new devotional book, 365 Devotions for Peace, releases in December from Zondervan.