EXCELLENCE IN MARKETING AWARDS
Christian Authors Network Presents…
Welcome to the 2021 #CANMarketingAward!
Excellence in Marketing Awards
The Marketing in Excellence Awards Celebrate Excellence in Christian Media and Marketing by Authors.
Purpose of CAN Excellence in Marketing Awards: To recognize, educate, and encourage excellence in marketing and promotion skills of all Christian authors.
PLEASE READ ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE STARTING YOUR ENTRY FORM BELOW:
Download a copy of the Excellence in Christian Marketing Awards Rules PDF
Who can enter: Traditional and independent authors are welcome to enter the CAN Marketing Excellence Awards. Multiple unique submissions within a category are accepted as well as entering both categories. However, no single submission may be entered across multiple categories. Each individual entry is counted as a single submission. You may enter as many times as you like. Each entry must be fully complete with payment per category to be eligible.
Cost per entry: $40 CAN Member/$80 non-member, paid via Paypal. Once you’ve submitted your entry, please proceed to the Paypal buttons to pay for your entry. Verify the name on your entry is the same as the name on your payment. Please note which category (or categories, if more than one) you are paying. We must be able to match your payment to your entry.
Who may not enter: Current contest director and the CAN board (who may need to judge).
Follow #CANMarketingAward on social media
Contest opens: August 1, 2021!
Last day of entry extended to: September 15, 2021.
Finalists announced in advance of the Excellence in Marketing Award Event.
Final Marketing in Excellence Awards presented in November (TBD pending travel restrictions, otherwise will be presented online.)
2 Categories—Fiction and Nonfiction:
- Online Presentation: website, blog, newsletter, memes, social media and interactions.
- Physical media: print materials such as postcards, posters, flyers, etc.
- Broadcasting: television, radio, podcast, vlog, video, etc. Your entry may be a focused segment of a longer show or be the entire show. All must be specific to the author or their book, series, or brand via interview or themed presentation.
· 35% Engagement (real human interaction)
· 35% Innovation (creativity)
· 20% Investment (financial and time)
· 10% ROI (Return on Investment)
Judges are independent and are not current CAN board or committee members or the conference director. Should an emergency occur, the CAN board may choose a replacement judge. All decisions are final.
- Marketing campaign entries must focus on a book, book series, or brand.
- The marketing campaign must have started between January 1, 2020 and July 30, 2021. (The campaign does not need to encompass the entire 18-month span, only begin within those dates to be eligible.)
- Entrants will submit a description of the marketing campaign to include, but not limited to:
- Goal of campaign with measurable outcomes. We are looking for results.
- Calendar of campaign events.
- Overview description of campaign expectation and results.
- Links to campaign and/or promo videos/website/broadcast that represent well the full scale of marketing/promotion.
- Meme(s) or meme campaign (submit as jpegs and include response numbers if you are cropping a screenshot.)
- Bookmark (submit as pdf or jpeg).
- Links to any online submissions must be included and be viewable at that link during competition judging.
- We accept multiple submissions, as long as they are not the same campaign. Separate entry form and fee must be submitted for each unique entry.
- Multiple unique submissions within a category are accepted. However, no single submission may be entered in multiple categories. Each individual entry is counted as a single submission. You may enter both categories. Each entry must be fully complete with payment per category to be eligible.
- Any book/book series with multiple authors is eligible per the appropriate category. However, the award acts as a group award though a trophy or certificate and will be awarded to each individual representing the same award level.
- Christian Authors Network board and contest director may, at their discretion, update the rules annually.
- Depending on the number of entries, categories may be combined at the discretion of the Christian Authors Network board and contest director.
What makes an eligible campaign?
A marketing campaign is a marketing plan built for recognition and/or sales that integrates multi-faceted engaging, shareable, effective strategies to communicate the book, book series, or brand to readers, retailers, and/or librarians.
The CAN Marketing Excellence Awards recognize that each book, book series, and/or brand are individual. Submissions should portray the full scale of the marketing campaign. Eligible submissions could include, but are not limited to:
- Website: WordPress, Blogger, etc. Stats independently verified by judges. Websites cannot be a static landing page, though a specialized landing page can be part of the media strategy in the campaign.
- Newsletters: Authors must submit a pdf of the newsletter and/or series of newsletters that make up one marketing campaign.
- Blogs: Blogs must be accessible through the author’s website. Judging will focus on the overall blog, not an individual blog post.
- Social Media: Authors must submit jpgs of memes, screenshots of interaction with their audience, etc. that make up one marketing campaign. Interaction numbers should be visible as of the date of the screenshot. Do not cut them out of the cropped photo.
- Physical media: Authors must submit pdfs of print materials: postcards, posters, flyers, etc., that make up one marketing campaign. Please be sure the images submitted are not blurry or pixelated.
- Broadcast: Ongoing broadcast or single broadcast can be on any audio or audio/visual platform such as podcast/vlogcast, Facebook Live, Instagram TV, talk radio, iHeartRadio, YouTube, Vimeo, etc. It can also include audio and/or audio-visual media interviews of which the author must be the featured guest. If a broadcast is within a private group, judges must be able to access for the purpose of judging.
- Other: Book tours, talks, etc. that make up one marketing campaign. Authors must submit pdfs, jpgs, etc. of events or other marketing campaign elements.
- Additional options: Apps for smartphones and tablets created for the purpose of the campaign may also be submitted. CAN will need to utilize a generic login/password, if required for the app, so the judges can view without divulging their personal information in order to protect the anonymity and objectivity of the judging process.
2021 Awards Entry Dates:
August 1 — Sep 15, 2021
Entry Form Click here
Questions? Email awards[at]christianauthorsnetwork.com