I don’t often use the word “promotion.”
Instead I like to think of my efforts as “sharing the good news” of what has been happening with my writing. During the holiday season there’s no better way to do this than through a Christmas newsletter.
Below is my newsletter. There was a lot of good news to share, including good news about my book releases and my up-coming projects. I’ve found that my friends and family like to celebrate with me …. and they often share my books with friends. Yeah!
Goyer Christmas Letter 2010
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. Ecc. 1:3
new baby, new daughter-in-law, new hometown, new house (twice), new college graduates, new job, new books, traveling to new places … and that’s just the start
- In January we were chosen by an amazing birth mom to adopt her baby girl. Celebrate!
- We also traveled to Little Rock, Arkansas where John had an interview with FamilyLife. God’s plan?
- Good news. FamilyLife made John a job offer. We love this ministry!
- We prepped our house and put it on the market. We also prepared for our baby girl.
- Tricia’s book Songbird Under a German Moon (Summerside) hit store shelves!
- Alyssa Catherine Marie Goyer was born on March 16th. Beautiful baby!
- March 24th we loaded up our U-Haul, said goodbye to our friends and family and headed to Little Rock. It was hard leaving so many we loved, but we were excited to see what God had in store.
- John starts working at FamilyLife. He feels blessed to work in such an amazing place.
- Sadly Grandma Dolores decides to leave Little Rock. She moves to live with her daughter in California.
- Tricia turns in her novel, Beside Still Waters. It’s her first Amish novel, due out April 2011.
- Cory and Leslie graduate from Flathead Valley Community College with their AA degree. Congrats!
- Tricia’s co-written book, Life, In Spite of Me (Multnomah) is released.
- Tricia travels to Montana to research her Amish books.
- Our family starts attending an amazing church … Mosaic Church of Little Rock.
- Tricia’s novel, The Swiss Courier, co-written with Mike Yorkey is nominated for a Christy award and she attends the award’s ceremony in St. Louis.
- Leslie turns 18. (She told me to include that!)
- Cory marries Katie Curtis. Another amazing gift … a new daughter-in-law!
Tricia is excited to have her co-written novel, Love Finds You in Victory Heights, Washington (Summerside) released!
- Tricia turns in Praying for Your Future Husband, co-written by Robin Jones Gunn. In bookstores May 2011.
- The Goyers move from their Little Rock condo to an apartment one minute from John’s work.
- Tricia attends the final reunion of the 11th Armored Division to interview veterans.
- Alyssa is getting bigger and bigger. Our baby girl is such a joy to us!
- Nathan starts his junior year of homeschooling.
- Leslie moves to Little Rock! John flies up to Montana and they drive down together.
- Tricia finishes her edits for Remembering You, a contemporary novel about a granddaughter/grandfather trip to visit WWII battle sites. Due to be out September 2011.
- Leslie travels to The Czech Republic to visit our Czech friends and our Czech daughter, Andrea.
- Tricia starts Teen MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) in Little Rock. Leaders join the cause and many young moms attend!
- Tricia travels to Monterrey California to attend a Books and Such retreat.
- Tricia speaks at Hearts at Home and gets to see her friend Marie in Rochester.
- Tricia turns in her second Amish novel, Along Wooded Paths. Due to be out Fall 2011.
- John is asked to be the Executive Children’s Pastor at Mosaic Church!
- Cory and Katie move to Little Rock. Our family is together!
- Alyssa learns to crawl. Forget Dora the Explorer … we have Alyssa the Explorer!
- Tricia is working on a co-written novel with Mike Yorkey. She currently has two novels to write next year. Her third Amish novel, and a historical novel with Barbour. God is good.
- Our Montana house is still for sale. Your prayers are appreciated!
Overall, it was an amazingly busy year. One year ago we never imagined we’d move to Little Rock, adopt a baby girl, or get a new daughter-in-law, but we are thankful. God has provided every step of the way. He is faithful!
Love, John, Tricia, Cory, Katie, Leslie, Nathan … and Alyssa!