What makes you “jump for joy”? This May, the week of my birthday, my 48th book released: Discovering Joy in Philippians: A Creative Bible Study Experience. How about you, look around, God is doing amazing things– some of which should motivate you to “jump for joy”! Jumping, rather leaping, for joy is biblical:
“Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. ..” (Luke 6:23)
Let’s make this summer of JOY!
Pam Farrel is an international speaker, author of 48 books including several bestsellers like Men Are Like WAffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti, Discovering Hope in the Psalms and Discovering Joy in Philippians: A Creative Bible Study Experience. (co-authored with Jean E Jones and Karla Dornacher, from Harvest House) Pam and her husband, Bill have been married almost 40 years, and that makes them REJOICE! Together they Co-Direct Love-Wise. The Farrels call their live aboard boat docked in Southern Ca. home.
Speaker, Pam Farrel, author of 45 books
I often give Christmas messages for women’s ministries, and one is entitled “Christmas Joy”. Joy is the beautiful result of Christ coming at Christmas.
And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. (Luke 2:10)
In my book, LOL with God, (co-authored Dawn Wilson) we chronicle just a few of the over 350 verses that speak to joy:
- 1 Chronicles 16:27—“Strength and joy [are] in his dwelling place.” (Dwell with God and find joy!)
- Job 33:26—“He prays to God and finds favor with him, he sees God’s face and shouts for joy.” (Pray, and joy will be reignited.)
- Psalm 5:11—“Let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy.” (Hide your heart in God, and joy will erupt in song.)
- Psalm 35:27—“May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; may they always say, ‘The Lord be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant.’” (Rejoice in God’s righteousness, and justice and joy will return.)
- Psalm 71:23—“My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you—I, whom you have redeemed.” (Worship God for his redeeming love, and joy will naturally evolve.)
- Psalm 92:4—“You make me glad by your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.” (Review the goodness of God, and joy will fill your mind and roll off your lips.)
- Psalm 118:15—“Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: ‘The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!’” (Review God’s victories, and joy will accompany the rerun of love.)
- Psalm 145:7—“They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.” (Throw a party to celebrate God’s provision, and joy will be the centerpiece of your life.)
- Proverbs 21:15—“When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous.” (Do the right thing, and joy will stick.)
- Jeremiah 15:16—“When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight.” (Get into God’s Word—joy is there!)
Which one of these pathways to joy can you take this holiday to hold on to joy?
Discovering Joy In Philippians
(Coming in May: Discovering Joy in Philippians: A Creative Bible Devotional Experience – by Pam Farrel, Jean E Jones, Karla Dornacher from Harvest House Publishers )
Pam Farrel, international speaker, author of 45+ books, Co- Director of Love-Wise. Join the #LivingLoveWise community