Hello from Kathy Collard Miller, writing from the beautiful desert near Palm Springs, California.
It’s the New Year and I’m going to have to remember to write down 2017. And along with a new year often come the traditional resolutions. I’d like to encourage you to think a little differently about those. For instance, have you ever said things like:
- I’ll never get angry again.
- I’ll always show love toward that person who is unlovable.
- I’ll never be discontent again.
- I’ll always be joyful in every circumstance.
- I’ll have my devotions every day?
It’s easy to think that such determination will bring us success. We may think that God demands such commitments. But have you noticed that when we can’t follow through, we get discouraged and give up? Even thinking God has given up on us also?