Jocelyn Green is the award-winning author of fiction and nonfiction. A former military wife herself, she offers encouragement and hope to military wives worldwide through her Faith Deployed books and The 5 Love Languages Military Edition, which she co-authored with best-selling author Dr. Gary Chapman. Her Heroines Behind the Lines Civil War novels, inspired by real heroines on America’s home front, are marked by their historical integrity and gritty inspiration. As a speaker, Jocelyn inspires faith and courage in her audiences. Jocelyn graduated from Taylor University in Upland, Indiana, with a B.A. in English, concentration in writing. She is an active member of the Christian Authors Network, the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association, American Christian Fiction Writers, and the Military Writers Society of America.
Her novels include Wedded to War, Widow of Gettysburg, Yankee in Atlanta, Spy of Richmond, and The Mark of the King. They have finaled in the Christy Awards and Inspirational Readers Choice Awards, and have won gold from the Military Writers Society of America. Complex and nuanced characters, rich historical detail and twisting plots make her novels immersive experiences.
Her work has been praised by historians specializing in her novels’ time periods, as well as popular and acclaimed authors Laura Frantz, Lori Benton, Jody Hedlund, Sarah Sundin, Joanne Bischof, Julie Lessman, and more.
Jocelyn loves Broadway musicals, the color red, Toblerone chocolate bars, Mexican food, and well-done documentaries. She lives in Iowa with her husband, two children, and two cats she should have named Catticus Finch and Purrman Meowville. She loves Mexican food, Broadway musicals, Toblerone chocolate bars, the color red, and reading on her patio. Jocelyn lives with her husband Rob and two small children in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
For Churches, Libraries, and Community Groups:
Jocelyn’s work within and for the military community and her knowledge of the Civil War lend themselves to several inspiring presentations, including:
· Women’s Work: Pioneering Nurses during the Civil War
· The Civilian Experience at Gettysburg
· Faith at Gettysburg
· Step Aside, Scarlett: True Stories from Civil War Atlanta
· Underground Richmond: Unionists in the Confederate Capital
· Saviors, Survivors, Soldiers, Spies: Women in the Civil War
· A Legacy of Faith & Courage: Stories from Yesterday’s Military Wives
· Soul Armor for the Military Wife
· The 5 Love Languages and Deployments
With experience as a magazine editor, freelance journalist, freelance book editor, and author of both fiction and nonfiction, Jocelyn offers insight on a broad range of writing topics, such as:
· How to be Your Editor’s Favorite Freelance Writer
· How to Write a Book Proposal
· Common Mistakes Novelists Make–and How to Avoid Them
· Devotions that Make a Difference
· The 5 Love Languages for Novelists
· What to Expect During Your Book’s First Year
· 9 Ways to Bolster Your Historical Research
· 10 Tips for Time-Starved Writers
· Nuts & Bolts of Collaborative Book Projects