Hello from Jeanette! I’m in the process of last-minute preparations for the Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference (March 26-30). This conference is always a highlight of my year. I attended for the first time in 1995 and now have the honor of serving on the Support Staff as the coordinator of the first-timers’ Buddy System.
If you have never attended a conference like Mount Hermon, I highly recommend it. Here are just a few of the things I love about writers’ conferences:
2) Getting a break from “work”-type projects (I appreciate them even more when I get home)
3) Seeing friends who have become like family
4) Great critiques
5) Wonderful speakers
6) Reminders that editors are just like us
7) Opportunities to encourage new writers
8) Making new friends
9) Being surrounded by creative people
10) Meeting with God and letting Him speak in a fresh way
It’s not too late to register for Mount Hermon. Just go to www.mounthermon.org. If it’s too far away or out of your budget, find one in your area. I can’t wait to share what God teaches me this year!