John Vonhoff, host of Writers and Authors On Fire, interviews CAN members
Writers and Authors On Fire Podcast
Host, John Vonhoff, discusses writing, writing life, writing lessons, and the best tips to be a successful author with his guests.
Listen to episodes below by clicking on the link.
- Cheri Cowell is an accomplished author, speaker, and owner of EABooks Publishing.
- Dr. Michelle Bengtson is the author of Hope Prevails, a book about depression.
- Sydney Avey writes literary fiction about the human experience.
- Jane Daley has written two nonfiction books about life’s hard issues.
- Sherry Kyle is an author of novels for women and books for tween girls.
- Crystal Bowman is a children’s author with over 100 books written.
- Torry Martin is a Christian sketch writer/scriptwriter, who also writes humor and nonfiction books.
- Mona Hodgson Historical fiction and children’s book author talks about these two exciting genres.
- Karen Whiting is an author of 21 books and 600+ articles, and writes for children, moms, and families.
- Sarah Sundin Author of WWII historical romance fiction.
- Angela Breidenbach writes historical and contemporary romance and non-fiction is intent on growing.
- Kathy Ide Editor and nonfiction author.
Jeanne Dennis, host of Heritage of Truth TV
Heritage of Truth Internet TV, Produced and Hosted by CAN member Jeanne Dennis
Click on the title links below to watch the interviews with Christian Authors Network members. You can also learn more about each member by clicking on their name.
Greetings from Kathy Collard Miller in the Southern California desert near Palms Springs.
Have you had your eyes examined lately? The last time my eyes were examined, I felt tense having that puff of air come toward my eye to test for glaucoma. I knew it was coming and the longer I waited for it, the more tense I became. I knew it wouldn’t hurt me, but it still scared me. I wanted to push the machine away and protect my eye.
Do you feel like your eye is one of the most sensitive parts of your body that you want to protect? I do. It just feels so scary and dangerous to have anyone pointing something close to my eyes. There’s an automatic reflex that says, “Get away! I will protect my eyes!”
Do you know that God feels the same way about you? He will protect you just like you and I want to protect our eyes. How do I know? That truth is found in Zechariah 2:8. You’ve heard the verse before: “for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye–” (NIV). But maybe you’re like me. I didn’t really understand what it meant.
In this verse, the word “apple” refers to the pupil which is the opening of the eye allowing rays to reach the retina. It is the tenderest, most vulnerable part of the eye. The slightest injury can bring huge problems, the worst being blindness. No wonder God has designed us to instinctively protect our eye. He knows the consequences are serious.
The NLT words it this way: “For he said, ‘Anyone who harms you harms my most precious possession.'”
Clarke’s Commentary offers this fascinating insight:
Read More →
Davalynn Spencer here, welcoming multi-published author Stacy Hawkins Adams for an encore visit to the Christian Authors Network.
Stacy, tell us how many books you have published and a few of your latest titles.
I have ten books nationally published – nine women’s fiction novels and one nonfiction, spiritual devotional. My most recent title is a novel I released in March 2013, called Finding Home. It is the third book in my Winds of Change series, but as with the first and second books in the series, it is a stand-alone title, so you can start with any one of them.
Read More →
Are you a published author living in, near, or visiting
the Cincinnati area June 26th, 2016?
This free event, offered by the Christian Booksellers Association in partnership with the Christian Authors Network, offers a career track for building up our published authors during the UNITE 2016 event in Cincinnati, Ohio.
If you need career help, inspiration, networking, and quality teaching to move forward then you’ll love this event. Register at the door. Click the article link below for more information. We look forward to pouring our experience and heart for the published author into your career.
See you soon in Cincinnati!
Angela Breidenbach, Christian Authors Network president
CAN hosts Author Boot Camp sessions