In this ever changing world, it is easy to want to sit back and watch others sink or swim. Have you ever been with a group and you all want to do something that appears fun, exciting, thrilling—like jumping off a rock ledge into a lake on a hot summer day? There is a moment when everyone dares everyone else to “go first”. Finally, the bravest (or maybe just the craziest) runs and jumps in!
Often new options of social media feel this way. There was a time when Youtube, Vimeo, LinkedIN, Facebook, GooglePlus, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Periscope were new—and there will be MORE NEW options!
So why would we try to learn and use social media?
Because we all want to reach people with the hope and help offered through a personal relationship with God. We also want to strengthen individuals, marriages, families, churches, businesses, and communities (and countries!)
The Apostle Paul put it this way:
Although I am free in regard to all, I have made myself a slave to all so as to win over as many as possible. (1 Cor 9:19 NABRE)
As writers, speakers and book store owners—social media does handcuff us to the populous. It is time consuming, and many days we might even feel “enslaved” to the digital world.
But we do it (Likely not all forms, but a few favorite forms) because it is another road to reach some for Christ.
Yes there is a learning curve—yes, learning it will be time consuming, but just like learning to swim, when we learn it, we can enjoy using this skill! When we learn a few favorite social media methods, we can use it to reach others. However, no matter your chosen favorite social media, to learn how to use it best, you have to jump in and SWIM.
We can take “swim lessons” from others who seem capable:
- Leaders we can observe – We gain principles as we read and survey their choices.
- Leaders we can help – We gain network friends and see the more inner workings as we participate.
- Leaders we can become – We gain wisdom as we try—and maybe fail some and succeed some or swim and tread water somewhere between.
Bill and I are “jumping in”. In conjunction with the release of our newest books:
We will host a 7 Day Celebration of SIMPLE SUCCESS. Each day we will share a SIMPLE SKILL, a SIMPLE SUCCESS TOOL and a SIMPLE SUCCESS TIP. We are weaving together a “life raft” of social media to keep our Simple Skills ™ message afloat for 7 days. We invite you to take a dip and jump in with us!
- Join our Thunderclap social media campaign (auto tweets and posts will be sent to you) Click on this link for details and auto tweet to post. (We need at least 100 for Thunderclap campaign to work—so each one of you is VITAL—even 1 minute of your time will make a difference! And if we happen to go OVER our goal of 100 friends, all the better!)
- Like the Pam and Bill Facebook page and repost items shared Oct 12-19
- Follow Pam on Twitter and retweet items shared Oct 12-19
- Go to the Simple Skills book page and join the 7 Days of Simple Success Celebration : 7 days of encouragement and equipping to benefit you and to share with others on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Tweet this: NEW from the Farrels! 7 #simpleskills for Success available for Men & Women. Make your dreams a reality– SIMPLY! http://love-wise.com/simpleskills.php
- Tweet this: Life might not be EASY but it can be SIMPLE! 7 #SimpleSkills for Every Woman / 7 #SimpleSkills for Every Man : http://love-wise.com/simpleskills.php
Go ahead, jump in with us, and we can all learn together!
- Invite Pam and/or Bill onto your radio or TV show for an interview
- Invite Pam and/or Bill to be a guest blogger
- Share quotes, excerpts, or images from Simple Skills through your email lists or messages
- Order 7 Simple Skills books, read then post a (Five Star) review on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and CBD. It is also available as an ebook thru Amazon, Vyrso, Barnes and Noble, CBD)
- Buy SIMPLE Skills books for gifts for your family and friends, or for use in your mentoring, small groups, or Sunday School programs.
Lastly– you try a campaign too! And invite me to jump in on your team too!
Ready, set . . . jump!
Pam and Bill Farrel are international speakers, authors of 40 books, and Co-Directors of Love-Wise.com
Share your thoughts